Catherine Lalonde Memorial Scholarships
The 2018 Catherine Lalonde Scholarships will be opened for applications in the fall.
The Catherine Lalonde Memorial Award is presented to graduate students who demonstrate excellence in their studies of structural wood or wood design. The Canadian Wood Council (CWC) invites submissions from graduate students in engineering, architecture, wood science and forestry. The projects submitted must demonstrate the direct benefit of structural products manufactured by the Canadian forest products industry.
CWC will be granting two scholarships to graduate students whose wood research transcends the same level of passion that Catherine Lalonde championed relentlessly for the wood/wood products industry as a professional engineer and president of the CWC.
Catherine, a professional engineer, was a passionate representative of our industry who relentlessly championed the use of wood in residential and commercial construction. She was president of the CWC from 2000 to 2003, when sadly she lost her battle with cancer. This award was created to honour Catherine’s memory and to perpetuate the legacy she left to the Canadian wood products industry through her 10 years of work at CWC.
For additional information please contact Ioana Lazea at: email@example.com or 613-747-5544 ext. 227.
Past Scholarship Winners:
- 2017 Catherine Lalonde Memorial Scholarships Winners
- 2016 Catherine Lalonde Memorial Scholarships Winners
- 2015 Catherine Lalonde Memorial Scholarships Winners
- 2014 Catherine Lalonde Scholarship Winning Recipients
- 2013 Catherine Lalonde Memorial Scholarships Awarded
- 2012 Catherine Lalonde Memorial Scholarship Awarded to Patricia Wilbur
- 2011 Catherine Lalonde Memorial Scholarship Awarded to Sam Lock