Job Opening: Manager – Communications, Events, and Member Services
Manager – Communications, Events, and Member Services
The Canadian Wood Council, the national association representing Canadian manufacturers of wood products used in construction is seeking a self-motivated Manager – Communications, Events, and Member Services with experience in an industry association environment, to coordinate its communication program, deliver educational events, and optimize the value proposition of member services.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Director of Communications, Events and Member Services, and Wood WORKS! program Executive Directors across the country, develop annual communications and event program strategies, and manage related budgets.
- Plan, develop and coordinate a series of education and training events that support annual plans and objectives for the Wood WORKS! special program.
- Draft new content for a variety of wood construction industry communication initiatives
- Organize industry events which include speaking opportunities and trade show participation
- Manage projects and ensure content is publication-ready and consistent with CWC branding and messaging
- Create and distribute press releases and maintain media lists
- Generate new sponsorship opportunities to maximize engagement and revenue, manage budgets, and provide support to the CWC team
- Critically evaluate existing services and develop new offerings for members and stakeholders to build greater engagement and revenue opportunities for CWC and its Wood WORKS! special program
- Ensure communication platforms (websites, LinkedIn, social media) are engaging, innovative and appealing, yielding excellent analytics and SEO
- Essential travel within Canada to ensure effective communications, successful events and new member and stakeholder service delivery (approximately 20% annually)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of communications experience creating strategic, targeted content generating measurable ROI
- At least five years of experience in planning, managing, promoting and executing events
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with website editing, management and content creation
- Required verbal and written proficiency in English. French verbal and written proficiency a strong asset
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of industry association governance and member relations an asset
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, event planning, journalism or a related field
Interested candidates should apply with cover letter before Friday, February 14th, 2020 (at midnight EST).