Job Posting – Communications and Outreach Manager – Ontario Wood WORKS! Program
ON Executive Director
Canadian Wood Council (CWC) represents the Canadian wood products industry through a national alliance of leading industry associations. CWC’s mission is to expand market access and increase demand for Canadian wood products through codes, standards, regulations, education, and promotion. You can learn more about us and our work at www.cwc.ca.
The Canadian Wood Council, Ontario Wood Works program, is seeking a self-motivated Communications and Outreach Manager with experience in an industry association environment, to coordinate its communication program, deliver educational events, and optimize outreach to our target audience.
- Working with the ON Executive Director, the Ontario Technical team, and coordinating efforts with the National Communications and Events team, develop and execute annual communications and event program strategies.
- Plan, develop and coordinate a series of education and outreach events and presentations that support annual plans and objectives for the ON Wood WORKS! program.
- Outreach will also cover Municipalities and their associations, particularly in Northern Ontario to generate new project leads.
- Draft new content for a variety of wood construction industry communication initiatives.
- Organize industry events which include speaking opportunities and trade show participation.
- Manage projects and ensure content is publication-ready and consistent with CWC branding and messaging.
- Create and distribute press releases and maintain media lists.
- Working with the Executive Director, generate new sponsorship opportunities to maximize engagement and revenue, manage budgets, and provide support to the ON Wood WORKS! team.
- Critically evaluate existing services and develop new offerings for sponsors and stakeholders to build greater engagement and revenue opportunities for the ON Wood WORKS! program.
- Ensure communication platforms (websites, LinkedIn, social media) are engaging, innovative and appealing, yielding excellent analytics.
- Essential travel within Ontario and occasionally Canada to ensure effective communications, successful events and new member and stakeholder service delivery.
Qualifications and Assets
- At least five years of communications experience creating strategic, targeted content generating measurable ROIs.
- At least five years of experience in planning, managing, promoting and executing events.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with website editing, management and content creation.
- Required verbal and written proficiency in English. French verbal and written proficiency a strong asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of wood industry and government relations is an asset.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, event planning, journalism or a related field.
- Candidate must be located in Northern Ontario.
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset.
Working at CWC
This is a full‐time remote position located in Northern Ontario. You will be required to travel within Ontario and occasionally Canada. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and a defined contribution pension plan.
Interested in Applying?
At CWC we are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We celebrate it within our team and believe that our different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger. With every person we hire, we aim to add to a culture where everyone is valued and all employees can grow in our team-oriented organization.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to [email protected] by May 31, 2022.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.