Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Here are our current opportunities:
Job Posting – Technical Specialist – Fire Safety
Type Full-time, Permanent, in Ottawa
Reports to Senior Director, Codes & Standards
Canadian Wood Council (CWC) represents the Canadian wood products industry through a national alliance of leading industry associations. CWC’s mission is to expand market access and increase demand for Canadian wood products through codes, standards, regulations, education, and promotion. You can learn more about us and our work at www.cwc.ca.
As the Technical Specialist – Fire Safety you will be responsible for strategic building code and standards initiatives; applied engineering problem-solving; developing new design tools and publications; and delivery of end products through seminars and media to targeted audiences, including engineers, architects, building officials and fire services.
- Ability to apply the principles and practices of fire safety engineering and/or fire protection engineering; have building code regulations and construction knowledge; and have sound engineering skills.
- A relevant engineering degree is desired, and professional registration would be an asset.
- A minimum of three years of experience (or equivalent) in the field of codes and standards or fire protection / fire safety engineering is preferred but more recent graduates will be considered.
To be a successful member of the Codes and Engineering team.
- Strong Microsoft computer skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral in English, the ability to work in French would be an asset.
Working at CWC
This is a full‐time position located in Ottawa. You will be required to travel within North America and potentially internationally. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and a defined contribution pension plan.
Interested in Applying?
At CWC we are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We celebrate it within our team and believe that our different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger. With every person we hire, we aim to add to a culture where everyone is valued, and all employees can grow in our team-oriented organization.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to [email protected] by November 13, 2022
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted