2 Dates | 2 Locations:
Dates: February 10, 2020 – VICTORIA | February 11, 2020 – VANCOUVER
Time: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Location 1: VICTORIA – Victoria Conference Centre, 720 Douglas Street
Location 2: VANCOUVER – Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport, 8181 Cambie Rd., Richmond
Registration: $199 Regular | $149 Early Bird till January 25th! Includes continental breakfast & hot lunch.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR VICTORIA ~ CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR VANCOUVER
Photo: Tallwood 1 – Langford, BC – Courtesy: DESIGN BUILD SERVICES
This workshop provides participants with innovative ideas and solutions for tall wood design under the 2020 National Building Code recently adopted by BC.
The workshop brings experts from Europe and across Canada to share insights, innovative approaches and ideas to solve problems – often thought difficult for tall wood and mass timber structures. These experts will present on the latest innovations in acoustics, curtain and building envelope wall designs, and fire considerations for these new building types to achieve high levels of comfort, performance and safety for occupants all in a cost-effective manner.
This is a new learning event that will provide practical ideas and knowledge for your design and building practice.
Presentations included are:
- Practical considerations for tall wood and mass timber: today and into the future
- Ilana Danzig, P.Eng, M.Eng, PE, SE, Aspect Structural Engineers, Vancouver
- Building enclosures for mass timber buildings
- Lorne Ricketts, Principal, Building Science Specialist, RDH Building Science Inc., Vancouver
- Acoustics in wooden structures
- Paola Brugnara, Technical Consultant, Rothoblass, Cortaccia, Italy
- Encapsulated mass timber: a new construction type for the 2020 NBC
- Marc Alam, Manager, Codes & Standards – Fire, Canadian Wood Council, Ottawa
- Acoustic solutions for tall, mass and heavy timber structures
- Tim Praeger, B.A.Sc., P.Eng., Principal at Aercoustics Engineering, Toronto
- Practice guidelines: encapsulated mass timber construction up to 12-storeys
- Allison DenToom, P.Eng., P.E. | Practice Advisor, Professional Practice, Standards & Development, Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, Burnaby